New Classes Coming in January, 2023
Registration is Now Open
- Psychology in the Cinema
- Special Topics in Creative Writing
- Megafloods, the Ice Age and Scientific Controversy
- A Step Beyond the Far Side (3 Weeks: Jan. 10, 17, and 24, 2023)
- Home Computing 101 at Anacortes Senior Activity Center
- Energy Medicine for Anxiety, Depression and Pain
- DNA and Genealogy: A Workshop (4 weeks: Jan. 12, 19, 26 and Feb. 2, 2023)
- Forest Walking (3 weeks: Jan. 19, 26 and Feb. 2, 2023)
- Creating Your Sacred Space (3 weeks: Jan. 12, 19 and 26, 2023)
- Anacortes History in Photos (3 weeks: Feb. 2, 9 and 16, 2023)
- The Tankers of Puget Sound (3 weeks: Feb. 2, 9 and 16, 2023)
Thank you to our students for your enthusiastic support. Watch here for more information as we put the details together.
Senior College follows CDC, state, county, city and school district Covid 19 guidelines & safety protocols.
Online registration is currently closed. Registration will begin December 12th.
Since 2007 the Anacortes Senior College has provided a curriculum of intellectually satisfying programs for people age 50 and above, led by retired professors and other instructors volunteering their time and expertise. With no required books, tests or credits, and a nominal fee for classes, students participate for the sheer joy of learning while meeting other curious students along the way.
About Senior College
At the Anacortes Senior College we look forward to providing a variety of interesting, meaningful and fun courses, and to make attending class an enjoyable experience for our students. Because we do not have books, tests or credit, we take the fear out of coming to class. We encourage students to listen to the instructor, engage in class discussion, and socialize with fellow students during the break.
We are fortunate to partner with the Anacortes School District, which allows us to use the classrooms in the middle school. Our age 50+ students have access to retired professors and other qualified instructors who come forward to share their knowledge.