New Fall Classes begin in October
Registration opens September 11, 2023 at 10AM.
- Industries of Anacortes, 6 weeks: Oct 10 – Nov 14
- Memoir Writing, 6 weeks: Oct 10 – Nov 14
- The Covid Classroom: What have we learned from the worst pandemic in 100 years?, 3 weeks: Oct 10 – Oct 24
- First People to North America, 3 weeks: Oct 31 – Nov 14
- Medical Humanities, 3 weeks: Oct 31 – Nov 14
- Behind the Scenes of the Theatre, 3 weeks: Oct 11 – Oct 25
- Ecopsychology, 6 weeks: Oct 12 – Nov 16
- Navigating Life’s Challenges with Embodied Wisdom, 6 weeks: Oct 12 – Nov 16
- The History of Blacksmithing & How it Affects Civilization, 6 weeks: Oct 12 – Nov 16
- Cetaceans of the Salish Sea with a Deep Dive on Orcas, 3 weeks; Nov. 2 – Nov 16
- Creative Writing Workshop, 3 weeks; Nov. 2 – Nov 16
We offer convenient class registration via the Register Online link. No need to fill out a paper form and write a check. With our online registration, select your classes, follow the enrollment steps, and pay securely by credit card.
In-person assistance will again be offered at the Anacortes Senior Activity Center on September 11th from 10-12 noon. For those preferring a paper mail-in, please print our Registration Form and mail with your check for the required fees.
The cost for each 6-week course is $30; the cost for each 3-week course is $20.
Since 2007 the Anacortes Senior College has provided a curriculum of intellectually satisfying programs for people age 50 and above, led by retired professors and other instructors volunteering their time and expertise. With no required books, tests or credits, and a nominal fee for classes, students participate for the sheer joy of learning while meeting other curious students along the way.
About Anacortes Senior College
At the Anacortes Senior College we look forward to providing a variety of interesting, meaningful and fun courses, and to make attending class an enjoyable experience for our students. Because we do not have books, tests or credit, we take the fear out of coming to class. We encourage students to listen to the instructor, engage in class discussion, and socialize with fellow students during the break.
We are fortunate to partner with the Anacortes School District, which allows us to use the classrooms in the middle school. Our age 50+ students have access to retired professors and other qualified instructors who come forward to share their knowledge.