Registration for Fall classes now open
Eleven courses will be offered for the Fall Term. Classes begin on Tuesday October 9, at the Anacortes Middle School. Afternoon classes meet from 3:30 to 5:30 pm.
- Anacortes History, 3 wks ((10/30,11/6,13,) Bret Lunsford;
- Civilizations & the Sea, 6 wks, Jim Strong;
- Industries of Anacortes, 6 wks, Tom Kuhn;
- Memoir Writing, 6 wks, Teru Lundsten;
- The Archeology of Jordan -- Petra, 3 wks (10/9,16, 23) Doug Clark, Ph.D.;
- Anacortes Parks & Recreation, 3 wks (10/11,18, 25,) Gary Robinson, Bob Vaux, Jonn Lunsford, Bret Lunsford;
- Charismatic Megafauna of the Salish Sea, 3 wks (10/11,18, 25) Bob Weathers, Ed.D.;
- History of Skagit Railroads and Logging, 3 wks (11/1,8,15) Eric Erickson;
- Four-seasons Gardening, 3 wks (11/1, 8,15) Peter Heffelfinger;
- Microorganisms of the Salish Sea, 3 wks (11/1, 8,15) Susan Wood & Chandler Colahan @ Breazeale Interpretive Center; [class is NOT held at the middle school];
- Our Amazing Constitution, 6 wks, Michael Newbrough, Ph.D.
When you register online your information is completely secure.
Of course, you can register the way you always have: by printing and filling out a registration form and mailing it, along with a check, to us at:
Anacortes Senior College
2200 M Ave
Anacortes, WA 98221
About Senior College
We provide a curriculum of intellectually satisfying programs for people over the age of 50.
All of our instructors donate their time in order to give us, their students, the ultimate senior college experience. To all of them, we say, “thank you”.
At the end of 10 years of operation, more than 6,000 have attended ASC. We continually look forward to providing you with a variety of interesting, meaningful and fun courses.
At Senior College we strive to make attending class an enjoyable experience for our students. Because we do not have books, tests or credit, we take the fear out of coming to class. We encourage students to listen to the instructor, engage in class discussion, and socialize with fellow students during the break.
Anacortes Senior College began in the Spring of 2007. We were fortunate to partner with the Anacortes School District, which allows us to use the classrooms in the Middle School. Our age 50+ students have access to retired professors and other qualified instructors who come forward to share their knowledge.
If you have an expertise or hobby you’d like to share, we encourage you to contact us and qualify as an instructor. If you are a student, we always appreciate your suggestions for additional classes that you’d like to see offered.